Tuesday, 16 February 2016

Winter Music Playlist




Since I started working at a job where I'm no longer on my feet all day, I've started taking advantage of the opportunity to sit and listen to a lot more music. I find sitting with my headphones in is good for my productivity, it helps me concentrate whilst also getting those creative juices flowing.

My new favourite thing is the Spotify 'Discover Weekly' playlist. I think it's a great tool for finding new music as well as rediscovering old favourites that you might have forgotten about. If you didn't already know, Spotify takes note of the type of music you listen to and every week creates you a brand new playlist of 30 songs, individually tailored to suit your musical preferences. Now the thought of Monday morning is made just that little bit brighter by the anticipation of listening to my new playlist.

As I'm hoping to go to a couple more festivals and gigs this year, I thought it might be fun to start really embracing the music scene and writing down a few more musical ramblings. I'm by no means a music journo, and *technically* don't really know what I'm talking about, but I thought it might be interesting anyway.

Like most people, my music tastes are hugely varied. I listen to all sorts of genres and could never choose a favourite artist or band as I have so many. To give you a general idea of my music taste, I'd probably say 'Indie Folk' is my main jam - but I like to mix things up a lot.

Since Christmas there's been a few events that have had an influence on what I've been listening to. The first and most significant was of course the death of David Bowie. A true legend and an incredibly influential icon, who affected the lives of so many people. He brought so many new ideas and concepts to the world of music, fashion, film and celebrity. I was shocked and saddened by his death and as a response have spent the last few weeks listening to his legacy. On repeat.

Another event was Icebreaker Festival. In the lead up I created my own little playlist with some of the bands I'd spotted on the line-up. Since seeing them live, I've started listening to some of them on a regular basis.

Alright, enough rambling. Here's a little rundown of some of my most played tracks over the  past couple of months:

Blossoms - At Most a Kiss
David Bowie - Oh! You Pretty Thing
Gaz Coombes - The Girl Who Fell to Earth
The Bayonettes - 2 Miles for Me is 1000 for You
Slaves - The Hunter
Frank Hamilton - Teenage Dirtbag
Feeder - Just the Way I'm Feeling
The Strokes - I'll Try Anything Once
Bob Dylan - Just Like a Woman
James Bay - Scars
Little May - Boardwalks
Kaleo - All the Pretty Girls
Hello Operator - Stephanie
John Mayer - XO
Band of Horses - No-one's Gonna Love You
Pins - Too Little Too Late
Foals - My Number
High Highs - Bridge
The Lumineers - Ophelia


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig